The road to hell is paved with writers who are lazy. Trust me. I’m headed there.
I haven’t really felt like blogging the last few days. There’s so much general stuff going on in my life that whenever I sit down to write, I’m overwhelmed by the magnitude of things I want to write about. It wears me out before I even start typing, so I give up.
Anyway, as I’m running on 2.5 hours sleep from last night and I really should be in bed because I am running with the gang in the morning, I have no idea why I’ve chosen now to sit down and make a blog entry. Perhaps because I know that I don’t have a lot of time to dedicate to it (or energy, honestly), I can take the lazy writer’s way out and not feel guilty about it: the list.
So here it is, the quick and dirty list of things going on with me.
1) I haven’t been able to wash my car in over two weeks and it’s frustrating. Why, you ask? Because it literally as been raining every other day. And, of course, they’re calling for rain again this weekend. Tomorrow. During the Panthers playoff game. Thank goodness I don’t have tickets. I’m tired of the rain. I’d like it to stop. Now. I’m soggy.
2) I’m moving. Sad, but true. Hate leaving this space – been here for almost six years – but the time has come to have my own place again. I’m tired of roommates. So I’m moving back to the complex where I lived before I lived here. I liked it there, I was happy…it’s closer to the office and most of the places I do shopping and errands, so it just makes sense.
3) Rock Boat next week! Needs no explanation. SO in need of a vacation.
4) Signed up for half-marathon #1 of the year. My goal is to complete two this year, so this is a good start. The race is here in Charlotte in April. It’ll be good. I think everyone in our little Saturday morning run group is going to do it, ‘cept for Jill because she’ll be recovering from ACL surgery. Speaking of the group, we start our regular runs again this week…I’ve missed them (both the group and the runs). Anyway, good training with my peeps commences at 8 AM tomorrow morning…And the race is 116 days away! http://www.charlotteracefest.com
5) Because of having my own place, budget belt shall be tightened over the next 12 months. Sad, but true. Means fewer shows (it’s going to kill me, trust me), fewer trips, and less fun. I know. It blows. That being said, I’m thinking about driving up to DC for Shane Hines & The Trance’s CD release party for The Glory Journal. Lately, my sensible side has been winning out, though.
So, on top of work stress, I think this is enough to keep me busy for awhile, eh?